Thursday, November 24, 2005

I Love Anne Rice

I emailed Anne Rice and she replied. The very next day. O_O I asked her if she was ever going to bring Louis back, and my answer gives little hope. Actually, no hope. But I'm very happy for her, anyways. She's a great person.

"I write only about Christ the Lord now. My return to faith has been a
joyous thing, and a hard thing to describe to anyone who, like me in
the past, can't imagine the sheer beauty of conversion. The characters
of the chronicles are dear to my heart because they are emblems of my
long search for God, when all I could cling to was the beauty of life,
the laws of the Savage Garden as Lestat called them. But I am home now
and I want to bring to life Jesus Christ for my readers. That's all I do
now. I'm one of those glaze eyed converts one meets. It's sublime.
Take care, Anne."

I told her I was very glad for her, and on a sidenote, asked if she might lift the ban on Vampire Chronicles fanfictions now that she wasn't going to write about them anymore. I have more to ask her but I forgot, so I guess I'll have to wait until she replies. By the way, I'm in a permanent fit of glee because th album Pretty Hate Machine by NIN is back on Napster. YEE!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh! I love Anne Rice too! I devoured everything she wrote but I'm distressed to hear that she will only be writing about Christ now? Hmmm...I guess vampires and jesus don't mix. Sadness she's a great writer. I also loved NIN we saw them in concert with marilyn manson years ago (can't stand the latter) Funny but I don't have that album on anything but a cassette tape, I'll have to try to get Chris to get if for me off napster or bit torrent

2:54 AM  
Blogger Vienna said...

Lucky, I've always wanted to see NIN in concert. I cant stand marylin manson either but if my friend Haley heard me saying that she'd skin me alive. ^_^;

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's just so... I dunno. Trying so hard to be so negative and ugly and shocking and all the while it's fake. There is enough genuine ugly and nasty in the world that I don't think we need to glamorize any of it.

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Carmen!

I'm a fellow blogger, who recently read Anne Rice's new novel about Christ. I wrote about it on my blog and just found yours searching for others who whote about it.

I must say, I loved Interview with the Vampire, but her new one is fantastic too.

I think it's cool that you wrote to her and got a response. Maybe I'll try and do the same. Neat!

Can't say I know much about NIN, except that Johnny Cash did a cover of one of their tunes a year or so ago and I really liked that...

Well, keep bloggin'!

-Tim

8:01 AM  
Blogger Vienna said...

Oh, cool. ^_^ I'll check out your blog and see what you said about it. I really hope to read it, if I can find it at the library. Maybe I'll buy it if I cant.

To the Johny Cash covering a NIN song... I didn't know about that! I like Johny Cash too.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home