Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Utena Television Series!

Oh, for the love of God, she's a girly girl. I'm horrified.

Today on On Demand they had the first episode for the tv series of Revolutionary Girl Utena. I was like, "Oh, goody! -giggle-" (Utena transforms me into a little girl who giggles when they kiss and loves the pretty rose petals everywhere) So I watch it and I'll admit, it has good points. Like the fact that I'm starting understand the general plot, which I never did when I watched the movie. That just didn't seem an important factor to the movie. It was just pretty, okaaaay?

But it's got problems. They gave Utena long hair and took away her sexy boy hat and black and white outfit. Instead she wears the school boy uniform, which has short shorts and is so girly that it doesn't even seem to matter. And, strangely, the way that the plot unravels and things go slowly and everything is ennunciated seems to take away from the romance. I loved the movie version, with Utena finding the platform of roses (which is far more beautiful than the crappy dueling arena in the show) and the current champion slapping the Rose Bride around. It was so spontanious, it just flowed.

And Utena turned into the cliche idiotic anime girl. She talks to herself, has a girly voice(oh God, this bothered me so much, the movie version had such a nice husky voice) and says things during dramatic moments like, "Whoah, whats going on? Is this a mirage too?" When no comments are needed. Oh, and the sword thing was more romantic in the movie. And there was kissing. I liked it better. Shojo-ai forever! Oh God, the theme song made me laugh so hard. It was like the Gravitation theme song if you replaced the Yuki and Shui-chan with girls!

I liked the words of the theme song a lot. Of course it was in Japanese but I read the subtitles. I read subtitles obsessivly, even if I dont want to. Even if the actual words are in English, if there are subtitles I cant tear my eys off them. But back to the subject. It said something like, "Even if we're torn apart, I'll still revolutionize the world." And it showed Anthy and Utena's hands interlocked and trying to hold on but being torn apart, like somone was trying to pull them away. -sniff- It was so beautiful and tragic.

God, I'm so overemotional. -slaps self- Thanks, I needed that. By the way, who ever says, in real life, "Thanks, I needed that" when someone smacks them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home