Saturday, October 08, 2005

Limewire and Revolutionary Girl Utena

The subject of this post is two seperate things that are totally unrelated. Although, actualy, I downloaded one of those anime music video things that people make on Limewire, and it was Revolutionary Girl Utena clips to a song by Tatu. It was cute.

Well, Limewire is a file sharing system like Kazaa, but more legal. Also, I have Norton now, so it's all good. The only problem is me trying to download giant video files of Angel Sanctuary that, after twenty minutes, are at... four percent. Oh, God.

It's still pretty awsome, though. I'm downloading music while I wait. I wonder if they have mangas on this site too..? It's worth a search. But anyways, onto Revolutionary Girl Utena, my favorite part of this post! I watched an anime movie on On Demand last night that I had been meaning to watch for ages but could never find. It's all very shojo(girly, made for girls, lots of pretty roses and drama and dancing and kissy scenes) and sweet.

There's Anthy, the rose bride, and whoever wins the fencing duel between the chosen ones at the Acadamy win the right to be engaged to her. Well, the man who owned her at the time was smacking her around and since Utena was also one of the chosen, she decided to duel him. Well, she won Anthy and made peace with her after a few awkward moment.

There is so much more to the movie, but that's my favorite element of it. The dueling scene between Utena and Anthy's former engagement was very dramatic, it had me yelling at the screen the whole time. (Well, actualy I did that all throughout the movie, but I was much louder at this part. ^_^;) Socute.

All in all, I loved it, but it's for a very select audience. I think that select audience might be me. You have to be patient enough to watch a five minute long scene of a rose covered platform thats been flooded for maximum effect of waterfalls pouring over the sides and all, while two girls do some ballroom dance and tinkly music plays in the background. I swear, over five minutes. I was disapointed when it ended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home